Painted a loose style pine branch for day 17. (Swipe for process video) I started with Van Dyke brown for the branch. Just before it was dry, I added some bright sap green pine needles right at the tips of each branch, where the new growth would be. Once that dried, I added some pine cones using small sweeping motions with the tip of my brush. Once the first layer of pine needles was dry, I added some more needles in a darker color, @danielsmithartistsmaterials Perylene Green. It’s a gorgeous dark, smoky blue green! Once those dried, I applied some saturated shading to the pine cones just under the branch, and a few dark green pine needles. Finally, I added some texture and shading to the branch to finish it off!