We took Dottie on her first little trip away this weekend! Here are some lessons we thought we might share, not talking from experience at all 🙄
1. Remember that if one of you thinks that you won’t be able to “fit through there” and the other one of you thinks you will be able to “fit through there”, you probably shouldn’t attempt to “fit through there”.
2. Always remember to bring chocks with you. Always!
3. Remember never to leave your phone in the car door when you’re opening and closing it and moving the car around a campsite. Same goes for keys. Keys belong in the ignition or in your pocket AND NO WHERE ELSE.
4. Always remember to bring a few cans of baked beans in case you arrive somewhere late at night thinking that there’ll at least be an IGA. Because there very well might not be one. And you’ll end up driving 40 minutes to the closest town and running through Woolworths like mad people at 9.56pm, 4 minutes before closing, grabbing the last BBQ chicken in the store, an avocado and some half-stale rolls and throwing together sandwiches in the empty car lot. (Hangry is a very real thing.)
5. Never leave a camp chair near a fire on a windy day. No one wants to be the person who burns down a National Park.
Let’s be honest, we all knew these things already. Right?! Of course we did!!!!!!! 😬
Treachery Camp, Seal Rocks, Nsw