Quite literally one of the best foods around and an instant energy booster.. Bananas!
A look into the nutritional breakdown of bananas and it reveals the following: per 100 grams, it contains 0.3 gm total fat, zero cholesterol, 1 mg salt, about 360 mg potassium, 2.6 gm dietary fiber, 12 gm sugar and 1.1 gm protein.
1. Banana is loaded with fibre, both soluble and insoluble.
2. Can lower the risk of both cardiovascular disease and coronary heart disease, according to reports
3. They are nutrition heavyweights, loaded with essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, niacin, riboflavin, and B6.
4. The high content of potassium in bananas makes it a super fruit! Known for its numerous health benefiting properties - it helps in regulating heartbeat, blood pressure, and keeps the brain alert.
5. Due to the high iron content in bananas, they are good for those suffering from anaemia - a condition where there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells or haemoglobin in the blood..