Learn how easy it is to keep warm this Winter and save on energy! We just love sharing ways to reduce energy consumption in your homes & contribute to our community of ECO WARRIORS Here are our top 5 TIPS to help keep you and your families warm this Winter, naturally!
1. Think ahead. Open curtains during the day and let the sun naturally heat your rooms.
2. Close those windows and doors! There’s no point in cranking up the heating if you haven’t checked the house for draughts first. Use your door snakes to stop cold air entering, and draw your curtains to stop the heat escaping.
3. Be practical. Do you need to turn up that heater? or could you put on your winter woollies instead? Grab a comfy blanket or even invest in one of these truly incredible sleeping bag onesies.
4. Make the most of your solar! Got solar? Contrary to popular belief, solar panels will still generate electricity in winter as they generate electricity from light, not heat. Invest in solar hot water and solar energy to keep your family warm this Winter.
5. Keep those feet and hands warm. The feet are ideally suited to helping us keep a stable body temperature, for a few reasons. The feet & hands have a large surface area as well as specialised blood vessels which can be opened up to pass high volumes of blood through them and therefore offload heat quickly when required. Follow these tips & together we are the generation to create a GLOBAL MOVEMENT for a SUSTAINABLE tomorrow! “WE ARE THE PLASTIC FREE REVOLUTION." #ecococonut #plasticfreerevolution