Nothing like Bollywood dancing, Henna and delicious Indian food from Chef Ranjan at @newdelhisf to perk up your Tuesday night!
Lunch thali till 2pm!
When your at the food court at the mall and you've fasted over 22 hours. I noticed an Indian curry bar and to my delight. Vegan and vegetarian options on half of the menu. Cauliflower and potatoes curry with lemon brown rice and lentil beans. Noticed a vegan samosa definately not the healthiest thing to consume but I could not resist.
Palak paneer - this is together with a proper dal my favorite dish. When everyone orders their plain tika masala I always order palak paneer. It almost never disappoints. It’s has a sweet flavor from that caramelized onions, a creaminess from the yoghurt and paneer (did you know that some considers textures and temperature as parts of the flavor ) and depth from the spices. A great veggie dish served with and roti.
(1) Let’s start with the paneer. As you know I had some struggles with this, but when I figured it out it made sense and was quite easy. Pour the milk and cream into a pot. Bring it to a boil and stir it from time to time. When it starts cooking, turn down the and let it cook for a few minutes. Remove the skin which forms on top of the .
(2) Now it’s time to add the juice. Turn the of and Add 1-2 tbsp at the start. SLOWLY and SOFTLY stir it around. If it doesn’t starts curdle add a tbsp of juice at a time until it does. Stir gently!!
(3) When the milk has curdled into big lumps add ice or cold . You want cool down the paste as quickly as possible or the paneer will become rubbery. Pour everything trough a cloth and dip the paste and cloth into cold water. When the paste is cold drain the for a couple of minutes.
(4) Now it’s time to form the cheese and press it into the right shape. I shape it into a rectangle and place it on a flat strainer and place 1-2 kg of weight on the . Be creative!! After 1-2 hours under pressure it’s ready.
(5) Now for the spinach stew. Most palak paneers use a spinach pure, but I like my a bit more ruff. This is inspired form the Stockholm restaurant Shanti and their way of palak paneer. Start by chop the onions, garlic, cilantro, and .
(6) Fry the onions and garlic in some oil or preferably ghee. They shouldn’t get any color so do this step on a medium When the onions are transparent, add the dried spices and a minuet letter the tomatoes and chili.
(7) When everything is properly cooked add the yoghurt and let everything come together.
(8) Lastly add the spinach, cilantro and some juice (for taste and to keep the color). Let it come togethe
Here is a homemade dinner that will get you into the patriotic spirit and is healthy as well. Making it variety that everyone in your family will enjoy:) In frame tri colour puri ** palak ** carrot ** pure **chawal ka kheer jo ki hamare Indian festival mai jaruri hai ( traditional sweet) nd aloo parwal ki sabji #indianfood#desistyle#dinner#independenceday#freedom#72#jasan#azadi#india
Some crunchy fried Noodles mixed with cabbage, spring onion, onions, mayonnaise and Schzwan chutney.
Tastes damn good and costs just ₹15 bucks.
You can find many selling this on street's, what differs is fresh vegetables and good tasty schzwan sauce.