Reposting because it's making me hungry! 😋
Keto Smoked Salmon Rolls (scroll for macros)
154g cooked smoked salmon bbq tips chum, skin removed, shredded
131g English cucumber, seeds removed cut into match sticks
75g ripe avocado, sliced
4 sheets nori, roasted seaweed
crispy salmon skin, optional
(If the piece of salmon comes with skin. You may wish to discard it or crisp it. You can crisp it brushing with a little olive oil and place it under the broiler for just a couple of minutes.)
1. Mix salmon with mayo, a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. I could have used less to cut down the fat.
2. Divide salmon, cucumber and avocado into 4 portions.
3. Place nori on bamboo rolling mat. Add one portion cucumber evenly along the bottom of the sheet, about 1cm from the edge.
4. Next add avocado, then salmon. Sprinkle crumbled salmon skin. Refer to ➡ next picture to see all elements on sheet.
5. With the help of the mat roll away from you.
6. Brush little bit of water on the end, to help seal the end. Place roll on a plate, seam side down.
7. Repeat with other 3 sheets.
8. With a sharp knife, cut the first roll in half. Then each half into half. And each of those into half. Leaving you with 8 pieces.
9. Then cut up the next 3 rolls in the order made. (This gives the nori a little time to be in contact with the filling so it softens a little). 10. Serve with liquid aminos or tamari.
This comes to 846 calories, 48g protein, 66g fat, 6g net carbs (7g carbs-1g fiber). Note 1: when picking up cooked smoked salmon, check to see if there's any sugar added.
Note 2: If there's too much excess nori on the roll to your liking, you can cut 1/3 to 1/2 off the length, depending on how much filling is in the roll.