Kerry’s absolute FAV movement, the barbell biceps curl!
On the surface, a super easy movement - however there are a few key technique cues you want to get down to ensure you’re performing this movement in the best way possible. - from the bottom of the movement we are looking for a straight arm, you should think about flexing your triceps at the bottom of the rep
- as we curl up, we want to avoid as much swinging as possible (this will come later if you get fatigued). If you lose tension at the top, you’ve gone too far and shifted it onto the shoulder
- there should be a decent gap between your hand and shoulder
- in saying that, you can raise the elbow forward and up as part of the function of the biceps is this movement, find which allows you to get the best contraction on the muscle
- if you start to get fatigued, you can use a little momentum to get the barbell up and then control the negative as slow as possible
- posture should have you nice and tall, tight glutes, shoulders back and chest up
Enjoy the video, and as always, drop any Q’s in the comments or slide into our DMs