EVERYTHING LOOKS BETTER FROM UNDER A BRIM. A bit late (as usual) to the brilliant @justacard party, which is happening this week to celebrate all the brilliant independent makers and sellers out there So, here I am! Properly dressed for the occasion. Ready for some about me waffle?
- the only thing I possess in greater quantities than hats is PAPER
- I use it to make all my collage illustrations (although lately I’ve been experimenting with other media and doing quite a lot of black and white ink too).
- a lot of my illustration work is for children (books, mags etc), but I’ve also been known to create installations and window displays, most notably the #farnesflock for @nationaltrust, and I’d love to do more — watch this space for an exciting project coming up in the autumn!
- when I’m not doing freelance work I design my own range of stationery, homeware and giftware which I sell on @notonthehighstreet, @etsy, through my own site (link in bio) and wholesale to lovely indy shops
- I’m trying really hard this year to make everything new from recycled/organic materials.
- I’m an illustrator because I haven’t managed to imagine being anything else but a professional drawer and writer since I was about 7 (before that, I toyed with the idea of being a bath-cleaner).
- I live in a tiny village in Staffordshire where I work from a sunny, mustardy studio and am hugely inspired by the gorgeous countryside.
- I have a dog called Gladys (she was called that when I got her, alright?) #kateandglad
- I run, slowly, and have somehow finished 3 marathons, which is the most unlikely thing that has ever happened in my LIFE (see latest blog, link in bio again)
- I sing in @lichfieldgospel and being part of that choir is the most wonderful thing in the whole entire universe
- I have also turned into a bit of a yoga-holic over the last 18 months, it makes my hamstrings a little bit happier and keeps my brain sane and I’ve met some really lovely people.
- I never feel like I’m working hard enough. I’m probably not, really. There are SO many things I should do, and yet for the last half hour, I’ve been browsing for @topshop sunglasses.