Ok this is cheating, I had already cut into the first slice but I was so taken back by the unexpected crunch that I had to record it. You guys, this a cauliflower pizza crust & it’s pretty close to an actual pizza crust, minus the grains & eggs the only thing that I didn’t like was the cheese I used (daiya vegan cheese gave me an upset stomach) I’m thinking roasted veggie toppings with less sauce will be better for this crust. For everyone that wants the recipe it’s vegan, gluten free, dairy & egg free, safe for peanut allergies as well. What makes this crust similar to a regular crust is the coconut flour, it’s not a grain, it’s naturally gluten free, it’s low carb and high in protein.
1 cauliflower head
4 tbsp coconut flour (1/4 cup)
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. powder d garlic
1/4 tsp. Sea salt
4 flax eggs (1 tbsp. for 2 1/2 tbsp water for one flax egg)
1) Take cauliflower head, rinse, chop, microwave for 6 minuets
2) make your flax eggs and let thicken for 5 minutes
3) once cauliflower has cooled, blitz in food processor or blender until it become “rice” like
4) strain over a cheese cloth or nut milk bag, anything you have at home that you can squeeze the cauliflower to get the moisture out without having it go through the holes
5) take cauliflower mush and mix with seasoning, flour and flax eggs, mix well
6) lay on baking sheet (parchment paper recommended (or grease pan) bake at 450 F for 30 min, checking at the 20 min mark as not all crusts will be made at the same thickness.
7) flip and cook for 5 more min
8) add toppings & until cheese has melted/toppings cooked *the longer you bake the crust, the crunchier it gets, cook to desired crunchiness* if you try it out, let me know
#vegan #GlutenFree #GrainFree #DairyFree #PeanutFree #HashimotosDiet