A good relaxation and learning movie.
Hunter Killer is a 2018 movie starring Gerard Butler. It was released October 26, 2018.
So I'm going to share some powerful leadership principles displayed in this movie without divulging too many details so that you can stil enjoy it whenever you watch it. (P. S I can always write an updated version with all the details of the cast and roles when I'm sure you have watched it.
1. Win your followers over with results/solutions not aggression. During times of crisis, there may be some opposition from followers/staff especially in the beginning because they are in disbelief as to whether you are worth following. Rather than show aggression, focus on getting results. That way, you start to win their trust. If not all of them, at least a majority.
2. Do not sell yourself cheap with unnecessary pep talk and little favours. Focus on the task ahead. When you start a new role as a leader some followers/staff may try to get your attention or curry favour. Don't be swayed, so that you are neither prejudiced nor tempted to compromise your office.
3. In order to sell effectively, you need to build rapport. Identify and use what you both have in common. Find a common ground that you both can identify with. Also, other than rapport, one sure way of getting your followers/staff to move in the direction that is needful is by appealing to their emotion, conscience or sense of reasoning. This should sway them.
4. Invest in your staff: Either with training, competitive welfare packages or even showing genuine concern. When your staff know you are concerned about their welfare, you win hearts. After all, you can only ask for a hand when you have given one.
5. The actions of your followers/staff can adversely or otherwise affect your organization's reputation. E.g, bad customer service may not necessarily mean bad leadership but it can be perceived that way because of the actions of a few bad eggs. So your competition isn't always the enemy. Look inwards.
Consider employing these principles in order to reach your business goals. Either in relating with your staff, clients or prospect.
PLS SHARE... #SmarterGoals