This week is #indieweek and the #justacard campaign. I love my little business and love supporting other small brands and local shops. Are you like me, tired of big corporations raking in millions, avoiding tax and under paying the people who work for them? Small brands are more sustainable, ethical and kind and we do a little happy dance with every order. This is me,
1. I live in Amersham
2. I am married to a brilliant man and talented photographer.
3. We have 2 kids. Isaac and Asher, hence the business name.
4. When I was pregnant with Isaac we still lived in London and moved into our present house, a building site, a day before he was born.
5. In my previous life I was a ballet dancer and worked for the Royal Swedish ballet for 10 years.
6. My eldest had really bad eczema and we tried everything to help it. Organic Cotton was a huge help.
7. My grandmother used to recycle and use solar energy back in the 60s. I feel like caring for the environment is in my genes.
8. I went to the Royal Ballet School a couple of years below Darcey Bussell.
9. I met my husband when I was 40 and it was love at first sight. We were married a year later and had our first child 6 months after that.
10. Asher was born in a birthing pool in our garden studio. Where I now make my clothes. It is my happy place. 😁