5 sessions later and she is ashy blonde!!! This is my gorgeous sister!! @chelsea.mcfolling she has been wanting to go blonde for a long while now! Thankfully she has allowed me to take my time and do it the right way... SLOWLY! She is beautiful with dark hair and blonde hair isn’t she?!? Check out my other post for the #boomerang thanks to her lovely skills!
Here are a few (7) (I’m sure there are a ton more) pointers for anyone going from very dark to very blonde...
1. It WILL take time !
2. It WILL take ! 3. Trust your stylist!
4. Most salons charge a ton for services like this.... her last session was 5 hours! Two huge bowls of bleach, toner, and a deep conditioning treatment, a trim, and a blow dry and style, ... she has had 5!! YES 5 SESSIONS!! All very long appointments....
be prepared to sit, pay the price, deal with the in between colors, rock them all.... and most importantly have fun while going through all the different looks and stages your hair must go through while maintaining the integrity of the hair!
5. Speaking of...TAKE CARE OF YOUR HAIR!
6. Do not... I REPEAT.... Do NOT spend hundreds and hundreds and hundreds.... on your hair and then $2 on your products you might as well wash your money and your pretty new color down the drain.... heck, just hand your stylist the money for your color, and don’t waste her time making it pretty if it’s not going to be taken care of.. ♀️ Your color will last longer and your hair will be much healthierwith the right product! INVEST in the accessory that you never take off!
7. My sister is amazing at taking care of her hair! She doesn’t blow dry or straighten and curl it every day, she shampoos only when needed, and she has been patient (well kind of 🤭) but most of all, she trusts me... not just as her sister but her stylist. #dontrushtheprocess @joico #trusttheprocess #beforeandafter #goingblonde @behindthechair_com @cosmoprofbeauty @american_salon @modernsalon @thebusinessofbalayage #btc #hairoftheweek #hairoftheday #licensedtocreate #blondie #joicoblondelife #blondebombshell #blondehair #brunette #brunettebalayage #blondebalayage #shadowroot #naturalroot #kenratoner @kenraprofessional