Ayuntamiento de Bruselas or Brussels Town Hall is a 15th century Gothic building located in Brussels, the capital city of Belgium. It is where the Mayor of Brussels is seated. Its exterior is adorned with numerous statues of dukes and duchesses, its spire is topped with the statue of Saint Michael the Archangel, while its interior is made up of important historic heritage and artistic works, such as sculptures, paintings, and tapestries. The historic town hall started its construction in 1402 where the east wing, the oldest part of the hall, was built and was finished in 1420 under the supervision of architect Jacob van Thienen. In 1444 a right wing was added and was completed in a span of five years. In 1449, right after the completion of the newly added wing, The construction of the current tower began. The Brabantine, Gothic, 96-meter-high tower was designed by Jan van Ruysbroek, who was the court architect of Philip the Good. The tower had replaced the old, smaller belfry by 1455. The Brussels Town Hall served a temporary government in 1830 during the third French Revolution. This revolution triggered the separation of Southern and Northern Netherlands. The temporary government that was set in this hall became a sign of a new country, now called Belgium.