Our hearts are heavy as we share the story of Ruby, a beautiful girl from the UK. Ruby’s family adopted her back in May after she instantly stole their hearts. Ruby and her new big brother, Major, quickly became best friends. Unfortunately, earlier this month, Ruby lost her life at home in a collar accident. Major’s tooth got caught in Ruby’s collar, the dogs struggled and Ruby strangled to death. When the owners returned home, what they found was described has horrendous. Blood and poo all over the downstairs of their home and Ruby was gone… the victim of a collar accident. @staffiecentraluk our hearts break for you. RIP sweet Ruby.
Unfortunately, we hear this sad story way too often. Collars Can (AND DO) Kill. Following the loss of little Ruby, Staffie Central UK is committed to bringing awareness to collar safety and are starting a campaign that we will share with all of you as it's developed. We will work collaboratively to continue to bring awareness globally to this important message. Play biting is the #1 reported collar accident. If you have more than 1 dog in the home, PLEASE take the collars off when you are away. #collarsOFF #playnaked #collarscankill
#playnaked #forgraciessake #collarsafetyawareness #dogsofinstagram #dogsofcolumbus #ohioinstadogs #dogsofuk #ilovemydog #ilovedogs