WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT?!???
“I have tried everything but nothing works for me!” SOUNDS FAMILIAR?
1. Not being consistent long enough! The hardest part is the consistency of being consistent. Yes the weekends count!
2. Not tracking your calories! We often over or underestimate how much we eat. Eating too little and your body holds onto everything for dear life and we know what happens when you eat too much!
3. Not eating enough protein! Aim to get atleast 1gram per lb of bw. More if you are leaner with more muscle and about .7grams per lb of lean body mass if you are overweight. This will speed
Up metabolism and help preserve and build lean muscle as you eat in a caloric deficit.
4. Doing too much cardio! You are Wasting away precious muscle mass, slowing your metabolism and you will not look how you want as you lose the weight.
5. Skipping resistance training or lifting too light! Resistance training builds muscle which increases metabolism and gives you the look that you want. Lifting heavy in the 6-12rep range recruits fast twitch muscle fibers that forces your body to tap into fat stores for readily available energy. Skip the pink dbs ladies if you want to be “toned”
6. Too much stress and not enough sleep. Stress raises cortisol levels which causes your body to hold onto fat. You will also have a raging appetite for sweets and sugary foods because lack of sleep produces more ghrelin which tells your body you want more food. ♂️
DM ME FOR MEAL PLANS AND ONLINE COACHING
Huge congrats to Lindsay @elle_b3 for coming first place in her 10k over the weekend. She hit a personal best time of 45:14! She has been working on her strength♀️ a lot lately and it clearly shows.
Strength is never a weakness - even in long distance ♀️
A little taste of my morning. 10-1:1-10 thrusters to burpees. 10:31 Rx 95 lb thrusters.