CREAMY BUTTERNUT SQUASH ALFREDO PASTA
In advance, you’re welcome..
Now that’s it’s heating up here in SoCal, I’m missing the cooler weather. So here is a delicious Fall recipe to devour in a quick 30 minutes that’ll make you miss sweater weather and pumpkin spice lattes. This recipe is the perfect combination of butternut squash soup and Alfredo pasta. Enjoy! .
4 strips of applewood bacon
2 tablespoons butter, or olive oil
1 cup diced red onion
2-3 garlic cloves
3 cups butternut squash cubes
1 cup low sodium chicken stock
1½ tablespoon diced fresh sage
1½ tablespoon diced fresh thyme
1 cup 2% milk, or coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. whole-grain pasta (or quinoa pasta)
1. In a large skillet add the butter/olive oil and red onion. Saute until slightly soft, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Next add in the garlic, saute for 30 seconds, stir and add the butternut squash, chicken stock, sage, and thyme. Stir and cover. Cook until the butternut squash is fork tender, about 8-10 minutes.
3. When the squash is tender, add the squash to a food processor along with the milk and salt/pepper to taste. Puree until smooth.
4. In the meantime heat a small skillet to medium high heat, add the diced bacon to the pan and saute until the bacon is crispy. About 4-5 minutes. When the bacon is done, place it on a paper towel lined plate to let the grease drain.
5. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add gluten free pasta, cook according to directions, (6-8 minutes) do not overcook.
6. Drain pasta and add butternut squash sauce to the pasta, gently toss together and top with crispy bacon. Serve!
The Naptime Kitchen