Be warned I am about to get my fangirl on....
Sometimes in life we come across people who just get it. They have that aura about them, they know how to ask the right questions, and you just want to learn more from them. Lisa Stephenson is one of those people. If you are going to read one thing this year let it be this. I promise I'm not just saying this because Lisa is awesome (although that is also true). It's because what Lisa writes is worth it's weight in gold. Take this book, devour it, and let it inspire your best self to shine through.
My key out takes from Read Me First:
1. Stop hanging out with energy vampires. They suck the life out of you.
2. The secret to success in three words - do the work
3. It's important to be happy with yourself in your current life until you achieve your version of success
4. Don't be afraid of your own awesomeness and don't dull your sparkle for anyone
5. Life is largely about how you handle the stuff that doesn't go to plan
6. The world is full of people who start stuff. It's the finishing part that's hard
7. Successful people do what others aren't prepared to do
8. Happiness is a consequence of how we manage what happens to us. You can choose to stay in victimhood or you can choose to look for the positive, the solution, the best way forward
9. Successful people aren't the smartest or best educated- they are the ones who think big and act
10. Busy is not the new black and is not a measure of how awesome your life is. The most successful people are never too busy for the things that matter to them
11. Apply the verandah test to your life. When you are 80 and sitting on your verandah, what do you want to be able to remember as your best memories, stories and achievements
12. You don't have to be awesome every day. F*** you universe days will happen. Just make sure you maintain your integrity, find your trible and have strategies to pick yourself back up
"Your story is uniquely yours. No other single human on this planet thinks, feels or looks the same as you."
#readmefirst #lisastephenson #bloodyamazing