Most of us has eaten a chocolate chip cookie or even own a recipe. After trying so many recipes, I find each recipe lack of something, either it is too crispy or not chewy enough so after tweaking it here and there, I come up with my own recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookies (make about 25 cookies)
125 g salted butter (room temperature)
70 g light brown sugar
40 g demerara brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
190 g self raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
150 g dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/302°F gas mark 2. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. In a bowl melt together butter, brown sugar and demerara sugar in bain marie and let it cool.
3. When it is cool, using hand whisk mix in the egg and vanilla extract until combine
4. Sift in flour and bicarbinate soda into the mixture and using hand gently knead it into a dough
5. Using spoon, drop dough onto ungreased baking parchment, spacing them well apart.
6. Put some chocolate chips on top. Please swipe picture to the left to see the difference between placing chocolate chips on top and mixing them in the dough.
7. Bake for approx 11-13 minutes in the preheated oven, remove them from the oven when the edges are brown and the centre is still soft. So you will get cookies that are crispy on the outside and chewy in the inside. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
PS. I use the mixture of light brown sugar and demerara brown sugar to get the crispy on the outside and chewy in the inside texture. Baking time is also play an important part. If you like your cookie crispy, bake for another 2 more minutes.
#chocolate #chocolatechips #cookies #yummy #instacookie #sharingrecipe #instacookies #foodpic #homemade #homebaked #foodpic #foodpics #yummyfood #foodie #tasty #tastyfood #delicious #cookieoftheday #instayum #baking #picoftheday #baker #instagram #berbagiresep #bakingcookingpemula #kuekering #kitchenbowl #forkfeed