Spiralize your sweet potatoes and oodley noodle good... with some creamy, roasted garlic cashew sauciness
1 c raw cashews
1 head of garlic, (~8 cloves)
4 tsps olive oil
¾ filtered water
2 medium sweet potatoes (~1 ½ lbs), spiralized into thin ‘noodles’
2 c lacinato kale, roughly chopped
1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
¼ c fresh basil , roughly chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1) In a small bowl, cover raw cashews with water until they are completely submerged. Cover bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours – overnight, or until cashews appear swollen and are softer to the touch. Drain water and thoroughly rinse cashews. Set aside.
2) Preheat oven to 400*, rack in the middle.
3) Trim about ¼ inch off the top of the head of the garlic, exposing the tops of the garlic cloves. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil, letting the oil sink into the cloves, then wrap garlic in aluminum foil. Roast for 40-50 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant, golden, and very soft.
4) Extract garlic cloves from head’s skin then transfer cloves, soaked cashews, and filtered water to a high speed blender. Pulse until very smooth and creamy. Season to taste then set aside.
5) In a large skillet heat remaining 3 tsps. olive oil over medium heat until just hot. Add the spiralized sweet potato and sauté, stirring frequently, until ‘noodles’ are tender, yet crisp (~5min).
6) Stir in kale, beans, and sauce and continue to sauté until kale has just wilted and sauce is warmed through. Season to taste, remove from heat, and transfer to desired serving dishes.
7) Garnish with chopped basil , serve and enjoy!🥢