#tbt Reminiscing on sunny work days in Tampa
Posting from a rainy day in Ohio, I want to talk about how I utilize the @andyfrisella Powerlist method to stay productive working from home:
The Powerlist is based on doing FIVE things each day that is not a part of your normal routine. These are things that you are unlikely to do unless you write them down and give them dedicated attention.
For some, this may be going to the gym. I made the gym a habit a long time ago, its something I love and has to be a part of my day. So much so that I feel physically and mentally “off” if I don’t do some kind of physical activity.
My Powerlist usually needs to include things that don’t come so natural to me. Things like, doing an instagram post that provides value, doing hours of email check-ins for clients, doing something to help my parents out since they do so much for me…etc.
If you can’t decide what the 5 most important things to do for your day, one way I begin is by breaking it up into categories:
I pick one meaningful task for each:
- Do ONE thing that moves my job or business forward. (an extra task, marketing, speaking to a potential client, doing an IG post)
- Do ONE task that keeps the current business going (I.e. check-ins or a new program)
- Do ONE task that improves the knowledge I have of my field. Such as read a piece of research for 10 minutes
- Do ONE thing that strengthens a relationship with someone close to me. (give a call, shoot a text, do a chore, etc)
- Do ONE thing that develops me personally (listen to self development podcast or 10 min of an audiobook)
Aside from the gym, meal prepping, bodybuilding and being a student, these are things in my life that I often let fall by the wayside if I’m not diligent to plan and execute.
Stack multiple days in a row of doing this, then weeks and months, and I guarantee your life will look a lot different 6 months from now.
What’s should be on YOUR Powerlist? Drop it in the comments