Meet my gorgeous girlfriend @hamlet_the_piggy . She's an incredible companion with a heart touching story. Pigs can make great pets for the right person. It's so important to do your research with any animal but there's a few important things to know about pigs
1) They are VERY smart animals - they get bored easily which could mean destructive behavior if they aren't properly cared for and mentally stimulated
2) Even so called "micro" pigs can be over 100 lbs! They don't stay tiny ! This is one of the biggest misconceptions about them I've heard.
3) Pigs need vaccines, deworming, hoof trims and regular care
4) They become very attached and can be depressed if separated from family they love , this makes the fact that people give them up when they require the commitment they take just heartbreaking .
5) Once you've really thought it out and planned accordingly contact a legitimate rescue or sanctuary who will help match you with the perfect piggy