Toston Tower Feast for 4(Or 2 if you try hard enough )
Start with toston layer (fried green plantains):
1. Heat 1-2inches of oil in a deep pan.
2. Take skin off of green plantains, and cut into 1/2-1inch thick pieces.
3. When oil is hot, add plantain pieces into oil.
4. Fry for about 5 mins or until all sides are golden. Take plantains out of oil, do not turn off heat.
5. Using a plantain press or the bottom of a can, press down on each plantain piece until flat.
6. Add flattened pieces of plantain back to hot oil and fry for another 2-3 mins or until totally golden color. Take plantains out of oil and place on a paper towel lined plate.
7. Top tostones with fluffy cooked white rice.
8. Top rice with red bean layer:
In a medium pot, add 1tbsp olive oil, 1/2 chopped onion, and cook until onion is translucent.
9. Then add 1 can of drained red kidney beans, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
10. Cook for about 5 mins, then add on top of the white rice layer.
11. Add a layer of picadillo on top of beans:
1/2lb of ground beef sautéed with 2 cloves garlic, cumin, 1 bay leaf, salt, pepper, and olive oil until cooked through.
12. Top with a fried egg and cilantro.