Arroz Con Pollo with Chopped Maduros
Fall off the bone tender chicken thighs cooked with rice and spices make this dish sooooo flavorful topped with chopped sweet plantains
Swipe for more goodness!
1. In a deep pot, sauté 1 chopped yellow onion, 1 chopped green bell pepper, and 4 crushed garlic cloves in 2 tbsp olive oil for about 4 mins.
2. Season 8 skinless chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and add to the pot. Cook for another 2-3 mins on both sides.
3. Add 2 cups rice, 4 cups water, and 1 can of drained crushed tomatoes to the pot.
4. Place lid on the pot and simmer for about 25 mins.
5. Remove lid and add 1 tbsp yellow seasoning or turmeric and 1/2 cup of green olives.
6. Cook for 15 more mins with the lid on.
Sweet plantains: chop up ripe plantains and cook them in oil over medium high heat for about 4-5 mins or until golden in color.