Buda and Pest - two parts of the city, wedged in between the Danube river. The city lives upto its sobriquet - Paris of the East. Though it suffered heavily at the hands of Germany during the WW2, Budapest has done a marvellous job of reclaiming their past. I traversed along its streets & condensed the most memorable bits into a list. Reading this list alone wouldn’t suffice. Mark the destination for your next holiday. This obviously a post I have taken efforts for - so you can thank me later.
The top 10 The must have- must see- must do- must taste in #Budapest.
1.Ruins Bar - An ingenious use of abandoned spaces. Decorated with eclectic art pieces, these bars are designed to get you dizzy before the drinks arrive.
2.Danube River Cruise - A cheatsheet to Budapest’s glorious history via the river that splits the city into two - Buda and Pest.
3.Shoes on the Danube - A touching memorial to Jews who were shot at close range by Hitler’s forces who watched their bodies fall into the river. The shoes left on the shore wear the patina of a dark time in world history.
4.Hungarian Parliament - A marvellous Gothic styled building. To admire its expansiveness, the view from the Buda side is recommended.
5.New York Cafe - One of the most beautiful cafes in the world. The decor has a Gatsby like splendour.
6.Sparty - Yes, you read that right. The Hungarian culture of thermal baths is fused with the neon lights and large crowds to create this portmanteau. Ride the waves and catch the beats until 4am. I am glad I soaked in this hot bath. Loved it.
7. Castle Hill Funicular - Wondering what it is? It is a tram carriage that takes you vertically upwards. One can move faster on the foot, but the view offered during ascendence is a must.
8. St Stephen’s Basilica - One of the holiest sites in Hungary, named after its first King.
9. Food - Home of Paprika and Goulash. Stock up on the paprika from the local markets & the soupy goulash from the Jewish quarter.
10.Chain Bridge - The first bridge to connect Buda and Pest. Take a stroll and feel history. #travel#budapestmood#hungary#travelblogger#travelphotography#travelwriter#travelblog#travels#travelporn
Lip smack alert! Pure food porn post!!
Unlocked the map to the Lucknow street food. Absolutely loved the tasty offerings of the small shops & eateries . Traversed through the small dingy bylanes to get you the top ten must eat things when in Nawabi Lucknow. Ear mark this list and thank me later. Be warned all these listed is food for the soul. Calorie conscious ones please don’t bother. This is as oily, greasy, tasty and yummy as soul food should be.
Mushy Top 10 in Lucknow:
1. Fire up your tastebuds with Matha masale wala near KD singh Babu Stadium, Hazaratganj
2. Cool it down with a Dhahi bhalla Chapan Bhog near Catonment Area. If sweets are your way to round off a meal, stick with the Rasmalai.
3. Kebab Parathe at Rajari Puram serves you a reminder why meat and bread is the best combination ever.
4. Experience a desi take on the American chopsuey at Chung Fa Situated At Gole Market, Nishatgunj.
5. Paani wale Batashe, made from four types different types of Paani checks the entire taste spectrum. Available in all the small eateries near Hazratganj.
6. A list without Biryani amounts to blasphemy. Up first is Idris ki Biryani opposite Pata Nala Police Chowky. Don’t let the exteriors of the shop fool you. It is years of Lucknowi tradition condensed into a plate. Grab a plate before it runs out.
7 For the herbivores out there, get a plate of piping hot Chole Kulche, behind the Charbagh Railway Station. The freshness of the food can be felt in every bite.
8. In case the Biryani at Idris runs out, head over to a similarly styled Siraj ki Biryani at Turia Gunj.
9. Yum! Yum! Yum! Lime juice with a twist. Get a chilled Shikanjee at Shikanjee Wala store available close to KD Singh stadium.
10.I got you at tea-time too. Grab a Bun Makhan and dip it in a Lucknow Desi Chai from the Charbagh Railway Station.
Too much effort has gone into compiling this for you. Do Add your suggestions on the thread so it helps other travellers. #Lucknow#StreetFood#lucknowistreetfood#lucknow_igers#lucknowites#lucknowi#lucknowdiaries#mushytravels#lucknowexplorer#lucknowfoodies#travelphotography#travel#lucknowfood#foodporn#travelfood#traveldiaries#india