230,000 Volts! High Voltage Electrical Arc.
An arc flash happens when electric current flows through an air gap between conductors. Accidents caused by touching a test probe to the wrong surface or slipped tool are the most common cause of an arcing fault. Arc flashes can also be caused by:
- Sparks due to breaks or gaps in the insulation
- Equipment failure due to use of substandard parts, improper installation, or even normal wear and tear
- Dust, corrosion or other impurities on the surface of the conductor.
The arc can heat the air to temperatures as high as 35,000 F, and vaporize metal in the equipment. The arc flash can cause severe skin burns by direct heat exposure and by igniting clothing. The heating of the air and vaporization of metal creates a pressure wave that can damage hearing and cause memory loss (from concussion) and other injuries up to and including death.
Source :- YT | n2aba
FOLLOW @CHEMKALA FOR MORE SCIENTIFIC POSTS! 💚🌱
#chem #chemistry #chemkala #green #science #scientist #biology #laboratory #lab #begreen
#کم_کالا #سبز #شیمی #آزمایشگاه #بیولوژی #علم #سبزباش