When remodeling your kitchen, you probably only care about the features you and your family want, not some stranger you've never met... However, if you plan on eventually selling your home, most buyers today want to see a functional, move-in ready kitchen when they tour a home. The kitchen is one of the most important rooms that may make or break your sale. Consider these must-have kitchen features buyers are looking for in 2018 and beyond:
1) Open Layout- Homeowners want to feel connected throughout their home, and open floor plans are an important part of achieving that feeling. A kitchen that opens to the living and dining space is one of the most desirable features in homes today. You’ll most often see kitchens with central islands overlooking the living room.
2) Granite or Quartz Countertops- Durable, easy to maintain countertops are quickly becoming an attractive kitchen feature. Adding granite or quartz to your kitchen will give the space a classic look and may bring you an attractive return on your investment during your home sale.
3) Center Island- Installing an island in your kitchen automatically creates a gathering space for visitors. Many islands can also be built with sinks, a stovetop, or breakfast bar to enhance the functionality of your kitchen.
4) Neutral Colors- Vibrant, crazy colors in the kitchen can be a turn-off for some buyers. Neutrals like white, taupe, and warm grey are great color palettes to create a soothing environment for your kitchen. Keep the cabinets neutral to match.
5) Plenty of Light- Natural light creates a bright, open feel to your kitchen space, so large windows are a must. Creative lighting, like under cabinet lights, can also be a cool feature in a kitchen buyers like to see.
6) Hardwood Floors- Tile has always been a reliable choice for kitchens and other wet spaces, but hardwood floors are becoming increasingly popular. Continuous flooring connects each space in your home, highlighting an open floor plan.
Finish Reading here: https://buff.ly/2J5qf6B