Keto Rule: Track macros w/ a keto calculator (many free ones).Generally, 70-80% fat/15-25% protein/<50 net carbs
I'm 27, 5'9 and 146lbs. My macros are:
86gProtein/20gcarbs ( I eat about 40)/114g fat, 1440. This will change when I want to maintain my weight and not lose any.
Protein is a goal-Protein is vital. Unlike carbs and fat your body cannot store protein. This is why you need to prioritize hitting your protein macro every day.
Fat is to satiate
1. Drink LOTS of water
2. Eat a pickle or drink the juice if you're feeling weak or lightheaded in the beginning
3. Keto flu - this can happen, it's okay.
4. Drink bone broth for the salt content and the benefits for your brain and joints
5. Do NOT eat processed sugars, foods or starches
Eat plenty of organic veggies: cabbage, broccoli, bokchoy, celery, chard, collard greens, eggplant, escarole, beet greens, asparagus, artichoke, & more!
Fats: Kerrygold butter (AMAZING), lard, coconut oil, olive oil, flaxseed oil
Sweeteners: Splenda, xylitol, Sweetleaf
Fruit:Cherries,blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, melon, raspberries, currants
Nuts: almonds: sesame seeds, pistachios, pine nuts, hazelnuts, cashew
Meats: All seafood, red meat, white meat, and organ meats
1. IF - you're saving money by eliminating one meal a day.
2. Drink water w/electrolyte powder for flavor and benefits
3. Shop at Aldi's (they deliver)
4. Shop at Walmart ( they have free pick-up)
5. Shop fresh local
6. Use the Reddit thread "keto" to get the most up to date advice
7. Don't buy exogenous ketones ( it's a scam)
#linkinbio #followfortips #lupusadvice #lupusflareup #preventingsymptoms #ketodiet #antiinflammatorydiet #eliminationdiet #autoimmune #aip #autoimmunediet #autoimmuneprotocol #autoimmunepaleo #aippaleo #aipdiet #autoimmunewarrior #lupuswarrior #lupus #healthytips #healthyoptions #healthymealideas #eatwellbewell #glutenfreefood #healthyandhappy #chronicfatigue #letfoodbethymedicine #spoonielife#guthealing #ketomeals