1. Marc Jacobs was born in New York and studied at Parson’s there.
2. As a student, Jacobs was the recipient of the school’s highest honors, including the Design Student of the Year award. He also received the distinct honor of being the youngest designer ever to be awarded the fashion industry’s highest tribute, the CFDA Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent in 1987.
3. He was the creative director at perry ellis, then got fired for presenting a "grunge" collection, but, as a matter of fact, he won the CDFA’s award as the Women’s Designer of the year for this collection.
4. Besides working for his own brand, he used to be Louis Vuitton’s creative director for 16 years. He made the brand a fashion powerhouse, quadrupling its gross revenue to $5 billion.
5. And one of the reasons why he left was that he is too friendly to unfriendly LVMH’s designers and brands. He is a big fan of Tom Ford’s work and he adores Miuccia Prada.
6. Jacobs, along with business partner Robert Duffy, have been involved with over 100 charities worldwide. (I hope, you all remember that “protect the skin you are in” t-shirts)
7. Marc Jacobs wore a lace dress at the 2012 ‘Schiaparelli and Prada. And sometimes you can see him wearing kilts.
8. He has nearly 30 tattoos including SpongeBob SquarePants, a scene from the film Poltergeist, and one that says “Bros before hos.”
9. The designer also made his movie debut in the movie Disconnect as a porn baron in 2013. #highbyfashion_fact