Great news, fellow Rapid KL commuters! You’ll be glad to know that it is so much easier to get your concession cards now. Previously, qualified commuters would have to travel all the way to the Pasar Seni bus hub to apply for their MyRapid Touch ‘n Go Concession Cards but now, you can do it online. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• In a statement released by Rapid KL, they confirm that all concession cards including for senior citizens, People with Disabilities (OKU) and students can be applied online through the MyRapid website. In case you didn’t know, these cards allow eligible users to enjoy fare discounts on its Rapid KL networks. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Those who have the card are able to get a 50% discount on Rapid KL networks such as the monorail, LRT, MRT Sungai Buloh – Kajang Line and its bus services including the BRT and MRT feeder buses. So awesome, right? Do take note that for students, from June 20 onwards, they can only apply for their concession cards online but for senior citizens and OKU, they have the choice of doing it at the Pasar Seni counter or applying online. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• It’s really easy to apply and cards will usually be available after five working days for pick-up. Students can pick up their cards at Pasar Seni, Hang Tuah, Sun U Monash and Bandar Tun Hussein Onn stations. All you have to do is log on to Rapid KL’s official website here and then follow the simple instructions for a successful application. You can even renew your card online! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Currently, local and foreign students from public and private schools, colleges and varsities can apply for the concession cards but cards for People with Disabilities (OKU) and senior citizens aged above 60 years old are exclusively for Malaysians. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• Do remember to prepare and submit all your relevant documents online such as a passport-sized photo taken against a blue background. For more information, you can check out MyRapid’s website here. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So easy right? Don’t have to travel far just to apply for your concession card!
Like more stories like this? Follow us at @worldofbuzzofficial