RECIPE: Vegan Tofu Yassa 🇸🇳 .
5 or so tbsp peanut butter
1 block of tofu, strained and sliced
3-4 large onions, thinly sliced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1-2 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp mustard
hot chilli peppers, chopped
1-2 bay leaves
A pinch of thyme
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
A veggie stock cube
2 tbsp of soya sauce or Maggi
1/2 cabbage, chopped
4-5 carrots, cut into discs
2-3 potatoes, cubed
½ Sweet potato
1. Combine the lemon, cider vinegar, mustard, soy sauce and 3 tbsp of peanut butter. Then, plunge the slices of tofu.
2. Sizzle the onions and chillies in a pan, with oil and a tbsp of peanut butter.
3. Boil the carrot, potatoes and the sweet potato for 5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and all the other veggies and saute them a few minutes more.
5. Add the tofu with its marinade, and stir frequently. Add the bouillon cube and half of a glass of water. Your dish should not be immersed by the water.
6. Reduce heat to a simmer until the veggies are tender. Add salt and pepper and drop your bay leaves, thyme and even some other spices of your choice.
7. Serve it with a rice or semolina. But this dish will be perfectly fine with a thieb rice. .
#yassa #tofu #africanvegan veganafricanfood #spicy #spicyfood #sweetpotato #veggie #africanstew #africanfood #senegalese #malian #mali #westafrica #foodporn #veganfood #veganporn #lepimentdanslasauce