A lot of you have been asking me to provide you tips on how to go about with MCAT preparation. So here is a post, where I have tried to cover all that I could which would help you people in any possible way.
1. I don't think doing FSC or A level changes anything, there is no marks deduction for A level students. Also it's more difficult for A level students who have to cover up 6 books in 5 months, but trust me they're more than enough for a decent score. Personally I didn't go for FSC because honestly I couldn't take all the torture they give in FSC and the unattractive books!
2. Know your target: You should know how much minimal score do you need to get into duhs or kmdc. Calculate it considering
40% a level result/fsc
10% o level/ssc
Also for kmdc full average percentage, for Cambridge students it's the one given on equivalency.
For DUHS/JSMU you require science subject percentages only
In my case I needed about 85-90 to get into DUHS/JSMU
70-75 into kmdc. With 70 I made it to kmdc
3. A level se ziada aata hai inter se kum! Aisa kuch nahi hai bhae. It all comes from the 6 books of class 11,12. Read books thoroughly atleast THRICE build up your concepts. Do past papers, topical first, in last two months jump to yearly.
Pro tip: compile your notes very carefully, like I had mine from Anees Hussain I added to them whatever was missing so that I had no hustle bustle at last minute revision and I could easily look for answers. Also always look for your answers in books or notes, then simply memorizing from the back.
4. Joining an institute is not important if you can organise yourself, but I would suggest joining one specially to A level students. You get a lot of stuff to practice and also have a quick glimpse at what's in the syllabus.
5. Learn time management, time yourself when doing papers.
6. Lastly, do not panic, organise yourself 4 months are enough! Just don't give up!
If anyone has any further questions, they may drop them below or DM me. .
#alevels #fsc #ssc #olevels #mcat #pakistan #gettingintomedschool #merit #medical #medicalpakistan #aneeshussain #follow4likes #tips