#Repost @eat_travel_nurse (@get_repost)
Gentlemen, do you really need another reason to become a nurse?!? In all seriousness, nursing is an incredible profession. Here are a few reasons why I become a nurse: .
1. VERSATILITY . As a nurse you get to work in a variety of settings and specialities. It’s great for the people that get bored easily and like to spice things up. Take me for example, in my short time as a nurse I have worked in two specialities: maternity and oncology. Just a few of the different settings you can work at include include the bedside, ambulatory care, school nursing and research nursing. .
2. Get to WEAR SCRUBS to work! Scrubs are honestly the most comfortable thing in the world, and lately I find myself wearing them off the clock more and more. Thankfully for the scrub revolution (huge shoutout to @cherokeeuniforms for being leaders in this movement) scrubs are not only comfortable but cute and flattering like these featured by @barco.uniforms @skechers .
3. JOB SECURITY. Nurses are in demand!!! Especially due to the aging population, increasing scope of practice, and baby-boomer retiree vacancies. .
4. Opportunities for TRAVEL, is one of my tops reasons I pursued nursing. I live to travel, and I need a profession that will support my lifestyle. I work 3 long and hard days a week, and when planned accordingly, I’m able to have 8 days off in a row w/o using any vacation time. And that’s exactly what I did! I am currently composing this post while on bus leaving Oaxaca City to visit the ruins of Monte Alban.
5. You’ll MAKE A DIFFERENCE in people’s lives! We are often considered guardian angels by our patients. We are there at their bedside at the most vulnerable times, and at these times it’s not the letters behind our name that make the greatest impact it’s our compassion. I can count the number of times a patient had told me my smile brighten their day! Another huge one is active listening; holding a patients hand while they express their fears and frustrations. My patients are soooo strong, and they don’t always wants to share these feelings with their friends and family, but nonetheless need to express themselves.