F R I D A Y : " Let's be hearty" ♥🙌 Ok, cardiovascular diseases are most of the time in our minds, but what do you guys actually do in your everyday life?
👋Did you know that when it comes to promoting a healthy cardiovascular system, not all foods are created equal?
☝Lets see a quick reference guide of the top 10 foods for heart health:
1. Fresh Fruit. Fruit contains fiber, antioxidants, vitamins & minerals
2. Beans & Legumes. They contain fiber & plant proteins that help to lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels.
3. Fish. The omega-3 essential fatty acids in cold-water fish help to lower LDL levels.
4. Dark Leafy Greens. Spinach, mesclun, Swiss chard, arugula, & other greens help to reduce levels of a blood enzyme implicated in heart disease.
5. Avocados. They are rich in potassium, which helps to regulate heart rhythm & blood pressure, & monounsaturated fats, which lower LDL levels.
6. Whole Grains. Fiber and B vitamins are their greatest assets.
7. Nuts. A good source of minerals & monounsaturated fats
8. Soy Foods. These are useful in keeping correct blood fat levels & are rich in phytoestrogens.
9. Spices & Herbs. Fat is better digested with the help of the antioxidants & phytochemicals available in many herbs
10. Wheat Germ & Flax Meal. These are good for boosting your intake in fiber, vitamin E, & omega-3 essential fatty acids. Flax in the form of meal, seeds, or oil coupled with a high-fiber diet from whole-grain cereals, fruits, vegetables, and added dietary fiber such as wheat bran is the best for reducing the risk of developing coronary heart disease.
Which of these foods do you usually eat in a week based?
Sending you guys good vibes and don't forget stay hearty! 😘💖
by ✨ @balermanutrition
#healthyeating #healthylife #healthychoices #cleaneating #plantbased #foodie #healthyfoodshare #vegan #fitness #food #wellness #eatplants #superfood #healthyfood #cleanliving #bestofvegan #greens #healthyeats #eathealthy #veggies #vegetable #eatrealfood #veganfoodspot #wholefoods #veganfoodshare #nutrition #dietitian #vegetables #avocado #balermanutrition