50 States By Age 50
10/21/2019, Day 3
Dateline: Seattle, Washington >> Tacoma, Washington >> Olympia, Washington >> Aberdeen, Washington
Caught the bus to the train back to SeaTac to pick up a car and move it along to Tacoma.
Easy enough late-morning drive. Nothing spectacular.
1. Set the GPS for Tacoma Dome just because.
2. (#ScreenShot from website since I didn't take any) Down around the corner to the well-regarded #FishPeddler on #FossWaterway. That #NorthwestSeafoodStew (Dungeness crab, salmon, clams, bay shrimp, and prawns in a tomato broth), y'all! The crab put up a decent fight, but think I pulled out the come from behind victory. #StrategicTakedown
3. 4. Last tour at the #WashingtonStateCapitol was at 3pm and still had to drive to Olympia. Thanks to #TourGuide Alan Rathbun for all of the information. The capitol dome is masonry. Exterior is Washington granite and sandstone. There are 300- and 100-year #TimeCapsules.
5. Temple of Justice site across from north entrance of the capitol, which houses the executive and legislative branches.
6. Lots of European marble adorning the inside. As you'd expect, there's extensive symbolism in each detail of the building and grounds. Do you see the dog in the marble?
7. Seal of the state of Washington
8. Largest bronze (brass?) chandelier ever created by @Tiffanyandco … 13,000 lbs … and the chain weighs 3,000!
10. Off on a drive partly through and around the #CapitolForest on the way to #Aberdeen for the night. Random "rush hour" traffic jam in the woods on a two-lane road?! Caught some of the #MNF #beatdown at #BillysBarAndGrill for a #BrickBurger. #FunFact: it's apparently named for a local serial killer. #LocalLegend Gordy pointed me to a couple of watering hole options. Walked over to the #TapRoom … and Gordy was already there. Everyone knows Gordy. It's hard to be a regular at every bar, but he just might be … and after 35 years driving public transit and more as a cabbie, he knows the town.