I’ve shared this two ingredient pizza dough recipe before, but thought I would again as it’s a game changer!!
As the name would suggest, the pizza dough has, quite literally, only has two ingredients... flour and yoghurt!
It’s super quick as the dough doesn’t need to be left to prove. To make things EVEN easier, the ingredients for the dough are at a really simple ratio... twice the flour to the yogurt... so you can use whatever measuring system you want (cups, grams, ozs, drams!) and you can increase or decrease the quantity you want without having to faff around with calculators.
The ingredients and quantities I used for the dough today were...
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of natural (or Greek) yoghurt
- Plus extra flour for dusting
Before starting, preheat your oven to 240’C and put your baking tray or pizza stone in the oven to heat up.
To make the dough, mix the flour and yoghurt together in a bowl with a spoon. Once mixed, tip the dough onto a floured surface and lightly knead, adding extra flour or yoghurt as required, until the dough is no longer sticky.
Shape and roll the dough into the sizes you want, place on the hot baking tray which has been warming in the oven (this will help to ensure you get a nice crispy well-cooked pizza base). Then top with whatever sauce and toppings you fancy.
I made a variety of toppings today...
- traditional tomato: with chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano, garlic plus some grated carrot and courgette for extra veggie goodness, then topped this with cheddar and mozzarella
- ‘supergreen’: made of grated courgette, chopped leek, spinach, parsley, mint (all sautéed in a little oil until soft) then stirred through with cream cheese and topped this with cheddar and mozzarella
- a sweet topping: of Greek yoghurt and strawberry chia jam
Bake in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes - cooking time will vary depending on the size of your pizzas so keep an eye on them.
Eat fresh, refrigerate or freeze
#pizza #pizzadough #twoingredientspizza
#blw #babyledweaning #babyledeating #blwideas #blwrecipes #blwmeals #blwinspiration #babyfood #toddlerfood #weaningrecipes