A hearty tomato cod stew for Friday.
2 servings, 41g protein, 34g carbs, 8g fat
400g cod, cut in chunks
100g sweet potatoes, cut to bite-size
140g brussel sprouts, halved
1 small onion, sliced to half moons
500g canned chopped tomatoes
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
Zest of 0.5 lemon, finely grated
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
A few capers
Shakes of dried oregano
Salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in pot, add garlic, onion and lemon zest. Cook in medium heat until fragrant.
2. In another pot, steam brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes. (I suppose this is optional, but I didn't want to boil these as I don't like them overdone.)
3. Add chicken stock to onion mixture and simmer until onions start to soften.
4. Add tomatoes and cook until they're breaking down, just a few minutes.
5. (If you don't steam the sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts seperately, add them now to cook until they're a bit tender before the next step)
6. Season fish with salt and pepper, then add to the stew. Cover lid for a few minutes.
7. Once the fish start to turn opaque, stir in the steamed sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts.
8. Season to taste with salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and capers. Cover lid and cook a couple more minues until fish is fully done.
#mealprepping #mealprep #seafood #veggies #eathealthy #healthymeals #healthylunch #healthycooking #cod #tomato #stew #fishstew #brusselsprouts #sweetpotato #highprotein #proteinfood #lowcarb #lowfat #lunchbox #mealideas #foodpics #cooking