⚡️ BUTTON BATTERIES ⚡️ We did a little experiment and put a button battery in between some slices of meat. Here’s the result after just three hours.
If button batteries are swallowed, the effects can be life-changing and even fatal if left too long.
The key is prevention and keeping button batteries out of sight and reach of children. ‼️ Be aware of which items in your home have these in - for example they can be found in key fobs, bathroom scales, watches, in-ear thermometers, musical/light-up toys and musical greeting cards.
‼️ Never let babies bite or chew on musical cards, and be aware that whilst batteries may be secured away in most children’s toys, they can be easily removed in items designed for adult use.
‼️Store spares up high and completely out of reach of children - or even better, don’t keep spares.
If you suspect your child has swallowed a button battery: ✔️ IMMEDIATELY get them to the nearest A&E or dial 999 for an ambulance.
✔️ If possible take with you the packaging or another identical battery to the one they have swallowed.
✔️ DO NOT get them to vomit.
✔️ DO NOT give them anything to eat or drink. 🌼 You can learn more about how to deal with an emergency situation and how to save a child’s life in a 2 hour Baby & Child First Aid class.
🌼 Contact email@example.com or send a message for more information.