Swipe to see the process! This audio system build for my new truck has really slowed down my progress on my desk build, but it is nearly done. I built the main body out of 3/4”
MDF and then temporarily mounted the circular cutouts so that I could stretch some fleece over the top. I also ran a rabbet around the inside so I’d have a lip to staple the fabric into. After a few coats of fiberglass, followed by duraglass (fiber reinforced filler) and finally body filler, it’s almost ready for paint. Planning to spray some bed liner on this! This is an old hobby of mine and it’s been fun to get back into it, but I’m ready to resume the “real” woodworking soon!