Recipe: Courgette Cakes
Serve these guilt-free cakes with a side of lean protein for a well balanced, fitness meal.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups grated courgettes
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Non-fat plain Greek yoghurt
- Sweet paprika
1. Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan. Sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then set aside.
2. Place grated courgettes in a colander, sprinkle with the salt and allow to sit in the sink for 10 minutes.
3. Use a clean paper towel to squeeze excess water from the courgettes.
4. In a medium sized bowl whisk the eggs. Add the coconut flour, flax and baking powder. Add the onions and courgettes.
5. Place the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Drop the dough in heaping tablespoons, press down with a fork. Cook each side for 3 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!
#healthyeating #healthyrecipe #recipe #cleaneating #Cardiff #cardifflife #cardifffitfam #cardifffitness #cardifffitnessclass #Fitness #GettingFit #Bfit #getfit