It’s a cheat day and what would justify as “off limit food” other than Bhutanese Kewa Datshi (this is Bhutanese traditional food which tastes similar to stroganoff ) with Burnt Garlic brown rice 😍 .
My younger daughter says she had this dish every single day during her stay in Bhutan ! I’m not surprised , obviously because it’s loaded with cheese and she is a vegetarian 🤷🏽♀️ My girls travel to different countries, get inspired by the local cuisine and ask me to cook them ! I learnt to cook many dishes this way 😄
Ingredients for kewa Datshi (this is super easy )
1. 6 - green chillies
2. 3 Potatoes (You can add any vegetables or meat to this )
3. 7 cubes of Amul cheese (I’m not sure how many grams this would be . But you have to add loads of this . You can even use vegan cheese , it tastes the same 😌 ) MAKING MY KIDS FAT SINCE 1990 😝
4. 2 1/2 cups water
5. 1 onion (sliced lengthwise )
6. 6 garlic (diced)
a. Take a kadai , add oil and fry the potatoes until cooked
b. Add garlic, onion , green chillies and sauté them.
c. Add water little oil + cheese cover it and let it boil . (You can add butter if you prefer)
d. Once the cheese is melted and well incorporated switch off the flame and add spring onion. I stop cooking when its slightly thick consistency because I’m packing this for lunch (I don’t think Bhutanese add spring onion , this is my way 😋) Burnt garlic rice recipe:
1. 10 garlic diced
2. 1 cup brown rice (boiled
3. 1 tsp Chilli flakes
4. 1 tsp Italian seasoning
5. 1 tsp Butter or oil
6. Spring onion
1. Take a kadai add butter and garlic . Fry until garlic turns golden brown .
2. Add brown rice + chilli flakes + seasoning + spring onion and sauté for few seconds and switch off the flame ! And done !
My girls’ most favourite lunch !! 😋 . Slurp guaranteed ! .
#inherlunchbox #momlife #bhutanesefood #eeeeeats #nomnom #brownrice #lunchboxideas #chennaifood #chennaifoodblogger #cheeseoverload #homecook #lunchbox #asianfood #nammachennai #cheatmealday
#cheese #tasty #lunchtime #cheatday #instalunch #cheatmeal #whatsforlunch #bhutan
#lunchdate #cheatmeal #maybevegan #chennaifoodblogger #foodandtravel #foodtravel #foodtravelstories