This brownie recipe makes the perfect crispy outer shell and fudgy inside. I found it a while back and it became our go-to brownie recipe. Then, a couple of years ago, we all wanted brownies, but we were out of chocolate. The only chocolate we had was a chocolate orange. And this baby was born.
The recipe is from Martha Stewart, but just switch up the chocolate. I may try mint chocolate next time... Enjoy!
Chocolate Orange Brownies - 1 cube butter, diced - 1 chocolate orange
- 1/2 oz chocolate
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment.
2. Over a double-boiler, melt butter and chocolate.
3. Remove from heat, whisk in the sugar.
4. Whisk in the eggs.
5. Whisk in the cocoa powder and salt.
6. Fold in the flour. Pour into prepared pan.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes in 350 degree oven. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan.