🎄👩🍳💫These cinnamon biscuits are a very traditional part of the Christmas and Advent in Germany. Cinnamon and almonds are a wonderful spice blend, taste great together and would put you immediately in a Christmas mood. 🎄 Many people buy them packaged, but they are easy to prepare and taste better than the store-bought varieties. In a sugar free version these cookies are not only make your kitchen smell incredibly Christmassy, but they are also really good for you! Almonds have many benefits, as they are rich in healthful fats, protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants. I hope you will enjoy these cookies as much as I did! Let me know if you give them a try!
Healthy sugar-free cinnamon stars
3 egg whites
70g Almond flour
130g ground almonds
2 tbsp cinnamon powder
1. In one bowl, add almond flour, ground almonds and cinnamon an mix together. In another bowl mix egg whites with salt and lime juice. Beat the egg whites in a medium-sized bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir in the powdered sugar until combined. Reserve 3 generous, heaping tablespoons of the egg white mixture for the glaze and put in the fridge. Fold in the almond mixture.
2. Roll out the dough on a plastic wrap approx. 0.5 cm thick. If you put a second foil on the dough, the rolling pin does not stick.
3. Preheat oven to 120 degrees celsius.
4. Roll the dough to 0,5 cm thickness. Using a star cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and place them on the cookie sheets. (It didn’t work for me, so i just placed the dough with tea spoon on the cookie sheet.)
5. The the frosting out of the fridge. Brush the tops of the cookies lightly with the glaze.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. When done, they will be light brown and soft in the center.
#christmasrecipes #christmasbiscuits #christmascookies #christmas #christmasdessert #christmasdesserts #sugarfreechristmas #sugarfreedecember #zuckerfreierezepte #zuckerfreieweihnachten #zuckerfreieweihnachtsplätzchen #plätzchen #plätzchenrezepte #inderweihnachtsbäckerei #weihnachtsbäckerei #rezepte #weihnachten #lowcarbrecipes