Women often have the misconception that strength training will make them look bulky or big however this is not true!! There are so many benefits from strength training for both men and women and after trying many methods myself from crossfit, to kickboxing, etc., I have found that many of the best success stories come from weight training. Here are some perks of strength training:
1. You sleep better! Experts say when you exercise your muscles and physically tax yourself, you create a compound called adenosine, which is a by-product of enegry consumption which as a end result has the effect of making you sleepy.
2. Your bones get stronger. Let's face it, the older we get we begin losing 1 to 2 percent of our bone tissue per year. Resistance training is the most important thing you can do to counteract bone loss!
3. Your heart may benefit. Inflammation is a major issue risk factor for heart disease. Studies have shown that overweight women that strength train at least twice per week, experience drops in certain inflammatory markers.
4. Your metabolism speeds up. The first thing I tell most people is DO NOT STRESS THE SCALE! Watch how your jeans fit first as you will notice that change first! As you keep up strength training and your lean mass grows, your metabolic rate will rise incrementally.
5. You will ward off diabetes. Of course nobody thinks to themselves I want a sculpted booty to minimize insulin swings lol, but that's another perk of toning up! Gain muscle and you have more room to store the glucose you eat, which means its not circulating in your blood.
6. You quiet your anxiety. Yes, pumping iron can really calm your nerves! I can honestly say this even applies to me and can relieve alot.of stress!
After reading this ask yourself why you haven't started this already? Why are you making excuses that pertain to your health? It's time to make a change now! #getfitwithsabrina #getfitnow #makeachange #doitforyourself #noexcuses #contactusnow #personaltrainer #personaltrainingdeals