Trying to make new Head pieces for my dance group has been slightly more frustrating than I had hoped. First, I bought these appliqués off Etsy which came super fast! Then I needed to dye them bright green. They seem to be a polyester material or something else that is not cotton. I looked up different dye combinations online so I felt pretty confident moving forward. Nope, the color turned out more of an olive green instead of a bright green. I kept adding different amounts of dye, changed how long the material was in the bath, etc. Nothing was matching. So I decided heck, I might as well try the @ritdye all purpose neon green. At first it was way to light of a neon green. I was losing hope trying to match our dresses and was up very late the night before trying to make these work. I added the rest of the bottle and placed in a scrap to see. I forgot to set the timer and the little one was hungry. One thing led to another and over an hour later I remembered I had the scrap still in the bath. I was getting upset until I rinsed it out and it was amazing. Long story short, just because it’s hard at first doesn’t mean you should give up. Also, beautiful things can happen from being forgetful! .
Appliqués from Fashion by Tina.
Dyed with @ritdye All-Purpose Neon Green.
#irishdance #hairpieces #green #oireachtasseason #crunchtime #stillneedsbling