Know The Facts: Dairy Farming via Goat.
1. The Nigerian Dwarf Goat is rated among the top 5 breeds in the world producing high quality and quantity of milk.
2. She is a recognized breed with milk more similar in fat and protein to sheep milk.
3. A female goat is referred to as a Doe
4. A male goat is referred to as a Buck or Bill
5. A mature doe can produce up to one gallon (4 L) of milk per day
6. A balanced ration is important to maximizing milk production.
7. The doe comfort is a must for maximizing milk production. Stocking density of about 3 sq. m per animal is adequate.
8. A dairy goats gestation (pregnancy) period is five months
9. The average lactation length is usually 9 ± 1 months
10. Lactation is the period in which the doe produces milk
11. Goat milk is easier digested than cow milk.
12. Goat milk has greater amounts of vitamin A and B (especially riboflavin) than cow and human milk.
13. Goat milk has almost the same amount of vitamins C and D with cow milk.
14. Goat milk contains more calcium, iron and phosphorus than cow milk.
15. Goat milk is whiter than cow milk.
16. Goat milk contains more protein than human milk.
17. Goat milk cholesterol level is lower than cow and human milk
18. Regular drinking of goat milk has shown to relieve the following symptoms: asthma, inflammation of the nose, eczema, bronchitis, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort, colic, dermatological, dermatitis, rashes and constipation among others.
19. Meat from a goat under one year of age is called Cabritto
20. Meat from a goat over one year of age is called Chevron
#dairyfarming #goatfarming #doe #goatmilk #cowmilk #humanmilk #bill #buck #chevron #cabritto #lactation #gestation #nigeriandwarfgoat #asthma #inflammation #eczema #bronchitis #vomiting #diarrhea #abdominaldiscomfort #colic #dermatological #dermatitis #rashes #constipation #farmertunde #farmerforlife.
Thank you and God bless.