Things to consider when setting up your Squarespace website:
1. Your site title + description should include keywords that relate to your business, and also include info like your location or specific services.
2. Your image filenames (in Squarespace) are actually your alt-tags! Valuable real estate for adding sentence based info + keywords that can support your SEO efforts.
3. How a person engages with your site affects your SEO and reduces bounce rate. No page should be a dead end - make sure you’re always guiding a visitor and encouraging them to visit more of your site.
4. A good SEO plan can also come down to a good content marketing plan. What blog posts are you writing? Is it answering Q’s your audience has? What are people searching for that you can help with and answer?
5. Donuts! They have nothing to do with websites but everything to do with our workshops. Thanks again @cartemsdonuts for kindly donating to our event - they were the perfect accompaniment to our @blenzcoffee pastries and drinks
If you want to find out how to optimize each of these things for your Squarespace website, we’ll be popping the workbook from today’s workshop into our shop! Download it now for a step-by-step guide through the foundational things you need to have set up on your website.
Vancouver, British Columbia