Were you a Brussels sprouts lover when growing up? I was not. I'm pretty sure the only greens I agreed to eat as a kid was broccoli lol. However, now that I'm an ~adult~ I'm actually growing to love Brussels sprouts! I KNOW. WHO AM I?! Anyways, if you're looking to change up your regular ol’ Brussels sprouts for dinner, try this Peanut Thai Chili Brussels Sprouts to mix things up!
Hit the SAVE button to bookmark this for later (or if you check out my bio, you can pin the recipe directly from my blog!)
• 1 lb Brussels sprouts
• 3-4 cloves garlic
• 2-3 thai chili peppers sliced
• 1.5 tbsp olive oil
• salt & pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1-2 tbsp water
• toasted peanuts, optional
• Heat your oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Rinse the Brussels sprouts then cut off their bottom and then in half. A leaf or two may fall off but that’s okay, toss it into the baking sheet if you want or discard it.
• Drizzle your olive oil onto the Brussels sprouts, garlic, and thai chili and then toss with a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Spread evenly on your baking sheet & roast for 25-30 minutes, until the sprouts are golden around the edges.
• While the Brussels sprouts are in the oven, in a small bowl, whisk together your peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, and a splash of water (add a little at a time, until sauce has thickened to your liking).
• Once the Brussels sprouts are done, toss them together. Top with toasted peanuts if you wish.
#eatmoreplants #healthyfoodshare #peanutsauce #brusselssprouts