There is nothing more comforting as matzo balls! Now days, you can “veganize” ANYTHING. Here is the recipe for this heart warming meal. It is also on our website so check it out + some other vegan tips.
* 1 cup matzo meal
* 8tbsp VeganEgg Powder (Follow Your Heart) * 1 +1/2 cups ice cold water
* 1 tsp salt
* 4 tsp oil
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp onion powder
* 1 tsp garlic powder
* 1 tsp dill weed
* Freshly ground blk pepper
* 3 quarts good-quality homemade vegetable stock, divided
* Diced carrot, celery, broccoli, kohlrabi * 1 medium sized onion cut in wedges
1. Measure and mix dry ingredients into a bowl
2. Mix together VeganEgg powder with 1 and 1/2 cup ice cold water
3. Add oil to VeganEgg mixture and gently mix to combine
4. Do not overmix
5. Pour VeganEgg mixture into dry mixture and gently combine.
6. If mixture seems a little too dry, feel free to add up to 1/8 cup water
7. Place in fridge about 1 hr
8. Bring a large pot of water to a boil
9. After matzo ball mixture has set, remove spoonfuls of batter and roll int 1 to 2 inch balls and drop into water
10. When all balls are in the water, leave to boil until all balls float to the top, then lower water to a rolling simmer and cook for 40 minutes
11. Do not stir at any time, leave matzo balls alone!
12. Remove matzo balls from water with a slotted spoon and serve in soup! Garnish with dill and enjoy
13. Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a large wide pan, and reduce heat to a simmer.
14. Add all the chopped vegetables and onions.
15. Cook throughly and season with salt and pepper.
16. To serve, fill the soup bowls evenly with soup and vegetables, add the matzo balls from the wide pan and garnish with fresh dill, and serve immediately.. .