Thai-Style Pumpkin Soup with Garlic Toast!
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 Red cayenne chilli, sliced
• 1tsp minced ginger • 1/2 Massel reduced salt chicken-style stock cube
• 500ml water • 25g Brown onion, sliced
• 175g butternut pumpkin, cubed
• 25g Canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 50g ‘Thai Gourmet’ red curry paste
• 30ml coconut milk
• Juice of half a lime • Pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
• Cracked black pepper to taste
• Dried chilli flakes to taste
• 2tbsp fresh coriander
• Tabasco sauce to taste
• 2 slices bread of choice (I use light rye sourdough)
• 1 garlic clove to rub on the toast
1. In a saucepan, add all the ingredients from the garlic to the chickpeas. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 20-30mins, or until the pumpkin is soft.
2. Blend the soup up, and then add the Thai red curry paste and coconut milk. Let simmer for a further 5-10mins. Add the lime juice.
3. Meanwhile, toast the bread and rub the garlic on both sides.
4. Ladle the soup into a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste, plus dried red chilli flakes and Tabasco if using, and scatter the coriander on top. Serve the bread on the side to dunk.