Looking for a Christmas Day centrepiece full of festive flavour? Your dinner guests will go nuts for this Cavolo Nero nut roast😋
· 1 tablespoon KTC rapeseed oil, plus extra for oiling tin
· 1 leeks, finely shredded
· 2 teaspoons KTC garlic paste
· 250g canned mushrooms, finely chopped
· 150g cavolo nero (or cabbage or kale if unavailable), shredded
· 200g walnut pieces, roughly chopped
· 100g wholemeal breadcrumbs
· 100g mixed seeds
· 100g fresh cranberries
· 2 eggs, beaten
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· Preheat the oven to 180c degrees, grease a 1.5 litre /2lbs loaf tin and line the base with baking paper.
· Heat rapeseed oil in a large pan and add the leek, garlic, mushrooms and cavolo nero. Cook slowly for 5-10 minutes until softened.
· Remove the pan from heat and add chopped walnuts, breadrumbs, seeds, cranberries, beaten egg and soy sauce. Season well with salt and pepper and stir gently to combine.
· Pile the mixture into the loaf tin, pressing it down well.
· Bake for 40 minutes or until the cavolo nero and cranberry Christmas nut roast feels firm.
· Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out. To serve slice thickly with a sharp knife. .
#KTC #foodie #nom #recipe #hungry #yummy #eats #foodlove #fresh #eatinghealthy #delicious #foodphotos #foodpics #foodoftheday #eatright #goodeats #vegetarian #eatwell #recipe #Christmas #christmasrecipe #vegetarianchristmas